Monday, August 8, 2011

Mom & Deann's Visit


Andrew has been really busy with spray season at the airport so my mom Cyndi and sister Deann planned a visit to see me in the hospital again.  I was looking forward to their visit but also to the homeade food and goodies they promised me as well.  They went straight to Adam's house when they arrived in Sioux Falls in order to drop off their luggage and to start cooking manicotti in the oven.  It was so nice to enjoy a "real" meal along with some homeade applesauce!   While they were around we spent a lot of time outside.  They were able to wheel me around and I was able to enjoy the warmth from the sun for a few days!  As you can see, my mom is in the picture pushing me around.  I should point out though that she made Dee push me up the ramp to ensure we made it to the top :) 
Here we are enjoying our daily lunch.  No hospital food for us!  We poured our own drink into the cups with ice and then headed to the outdoor patio to eat.  We did have sandwhiches in addition to the wheat thins, spray cheese, and sun chips you see sitting on the table!  We tried to at least make it LOOK healthy to onlookers...aka doctors and nurses on their break.  We spent some time watching movies in my room and just catching up on what was happening in our lives.  They were so kind to stay at our home in Sioux Center one night and they cleaned everything for us.  Andrew has done a great job but some of the deep cleaning has not been done since May.  Thank you for helping us out in this way! 
 

Lastly, we enjoyed a few smoothies together.  I think they will both tell you that it is worth the five hour drive just to get these smoothies.  Thanks to Grandpa Lester Fynaardt who provided us with his famous $2 bills to purchase a few smoothies. On a side note - have you ever seen what a mess a smoothie can make?  Right before we took this picture we were able to witness a smoothie flying through the air and going splat over people, the carpet, the wall, and the hanging picture.  We escaped with only a few drops on our clothes but made sure our lids were on tight before we walked away to head back!

No comments:

Post a Comment