Sunday, October 2, 2011

Makinley's Six Weeks Old


We have officially flipped the calendar to October.  Ideally, I should still be pregnant with Makinley.  That seems so weird to me since she has already been around for a while.  Most parents wouldn't even know their child's personality yet or what features they possess - let alone hold them in their arms.

Makinley's newest update:
* She is now 6 lbs 11 oz and 54 cm long
* She passed her eye exam with flying colors. Dr. Tufty, the eye doctor, didn't even require a follow up visit.
* She is starting to be more alert.  I love how she listens to me very intently when I hold her in the morning.  She takes in every word like it is so important when in reality I usually make up stories about kittens and an adventure they have with different farm animals!
* We increased Makinley's feedings to 10 cc's (or 1/3 of an ounce).  We are learning the feedings are just a slow process!
* Her eyes have been filled with matter this week.  We gave her some eye drops to hopefully clear them up. They assume her ducts are just maturing more since she has no signs of a cold or sickness.

Six Week Monkey Picture


No comments:

Post a Comment