Sunday, May 8, 2011

We're Pregnant; Sharing the News

We headed to Oskaloosa this weekend for Deann & Layton's Graduation from Iowa State, Tulip Time in Pella, Mother’s Day, and to tell my family about the baby!  It was so fun to see their facial expressions and excitement about becoming grandparents/aunts for the first time.  Here are the stories:
*       We told my parents the on Friday night when we arrived in Oskaloosa.  I had blown up an ultrasound picture and put it in a frame that said "grandchildren."  I wrapped it up and let mom open it for an early Mother’s Day present.  They were both happy for us!  Mom joked about whether she would turn 50 first or be a grandma first because the baby is due one day after her birthday of October 27. 
*       We told Aunt Dee at Tulip Time.  She has been frustrated trying to find a job after college.  I told her that if she could wait a few months she could come and be my nanny after the baby was born and I would go back to work.  She was thrilled about the baby but didn’t think Layton would go for moving to Sioux Center J
*       I am a big fan of flannel blankets.  My grandma Fynaardt has made many blankets for me and on a few I have been able to help out a little bit.  She just finished making a quilt looking flannel blanket for our master bedroom.  We stopped by their house to pick it up and I asked her if she would be willing to make some more.  I went on to inform her they wouldn’t be for me but they could be in baby colors for our baby!  They also were so excited to become great grandparents again.  This baby will be great grand child number ten.
*       On the way back from Oskaloosa we stopped in Orange City to tell Andrew’s mom the news as well.  She was also given a card/picture that said she was becoming a grandma!
*        Since I have shared all of these stories I will also share how we told Adam, Andrew’s older brother.  We stopped at his apartment after we landed in Sioux Falls from our Florida trip.  We ate supper with him and his girlfriend Teresa.  We have been working to finish off our basement the last few months so Andrew told Adam we might need help moving the spare room furniture to the basement to make room for the nursery upstairs.  He was surprised and not expecting it at all but they were both excited for our growing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment