Saturday, May 21, 2011

17 Weeks Along: Week 1 of Bed Rest

I am sure you are all wondering what has been happening the last few days since we have not been sending out emails.  So far we are in the same spot that we were when we were discharged from Sanford on Monday afternoon.  The last few days have been good - little to no bleeding and I have been feeling okay.  Although they have not put me on bed rest I am trying to help the situation by laying/reclining most of the time and drinking lots of fluid.  We had an appointment today in Orange City with our own doctor and found out that nothing has changed.  Baby still had a strong heartbeat but fluid levels have not changed.  There are a few "pockets" of fluid in different areas around the baby but nothing that they can measure in a number like it should be.  My white blood cell count was higher than Monday which means my body could be starting to fight an infection but since it was still in the normal range and no fever it is nothing to be concerned about yet.

As of right now we are scheduled to go back next Friday for another ultrasound and blood test.  This will continue for the next few weeks as long as we stay in this state. I am not working at the moment and will not be returning to the Sioux Center Chamber until after we have this baby in either situation.  I am doing some Farm Bureau work from home which is nice because it helps make the day go faster and puts my mind to work.  Andrew has been trying to put in some time at work - things out at the airport and trips that aren't far away.  This is what we plan to do for the time being.  It will be harder this week because my sister Dee will not be around anymore and I will be staying home by myself.  We appreciated the time that she was up here and we're thankful for all of her help.  We passed the time together watching many movies from Redbox and eating chips & salsa.  Before she took off for home today we did something "normal."  After not going anywhere for a week I was thankful to get out for our appointment.  This weekend was also the Orange City Tulip Festival so we ate together at one of the food booths.  Up until a week ago I was working out regularly.  I could tell I had done nothing all week because we maybe walked ten blocks and by the time we reached our vehicle I was ready to get home and lay down for a while.

Continue to pray for patience and health.  If I were to get an infection we would have no choice but to take the baby as it would be serious for the baby and for me. We are grateful to all of you for your continued prayers for us and for this baby.  We are going to give it a fighting chance and the rest is in God's hands. 


(To Makinley) Today we were supposed to be running a 5k together at the Tulip Festival in Orange City.  Instead, we hung out together on the couch and watched more movies.  I plan to hang out on this couch as long as it takes for you to arrive safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment