Sunday, June 12, 2011

Road Trip to Omaha

Andrew and I decided to go on a mini road trip today.  I have been doing a lot of research on baby furniture while on bed rest but pictures just don't do me justice.  My husband knows me well enough to know I like to see things in person and then make my decision.  I have to rule out every option in order to love what we end up with.  Luckily, I had it narrowed down to two options; one from Target and one from Baby's R Us.  Since things were going fairly smooth with the pregnancy we decided to head to the nearest Baby's R Us store to pick out furniture together.  Once again - Andrew knew this would also make me feel less gypped of the whole pregnancy and first child experience. 

It was also neat to see how flooded everything was near the Missouri River.  It is amazing how many fields are under water and how much damage has occurred.  Here are a few pictures I snapped while we were driving....



This is a ditch that runs right along side the interstate. 
Some lanes were actually closed because water was starting to cover them partially.



This was taken in Sioux City.  You can see how far the water comes up just by looking at the stoplights.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment