Sunday, October 28, 2012

Why I Started Our Blog: One Day at a Time

Every single person in this world has a story; we all have a purpose.  Sometimes it is very clear what direction we should travel and other times we have no idea where to take our first step.  Decisions are made on a daily basis; some seem minor and others change your life.  Time continues to tick whether you want it to or not.  Do you live one day at a time? Or are you always looking to the future and passing by what is happening right in front of you?
This blog has been on my mind for over a year and I am finally going to conquer it.  I love to read other people’s blog but I am hesitant to put my own story out there.  To all of you who have made yourself “transparent” in time of struggle – I say thank you!  You have been my inspiration and you have been the final push I needed to start sharing our experiences as well.  I hope that I can be that “miracle story” that someone in desperate need of hope finds during their own struggle.  Or maybe it will be the blog that eases someone’s worry in an unknown situation because they can read what happened to us in a similar situation.  I want to cherish the memories with my family and have them documented for further reading, laughs, and tears.  I am no expert in the writing field and you may have to overlook grammatical or spelling errors but I hope you can still see the real meaning behind the posts.
Throughout our pregnancy with Makinley I did keep a journal as things occurred.  It was more to keep track of the details so I would not forget them in the midst of everything that was happening.  I hope to share some of that with you along with shortened versions of emails we were sending out to our family and close friends.  I made a promise to myself and to God that I would share our story after it all occurred no matter what the outcome.  Looking back I wish I would have been comfortable sharing our story as it unfolded but unfortunately I was not ready to put myself in that place at that time.  I hope you enjoy reading it now and find inspiration in the living miracle we got to endure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment